If you are a transgender young person, which includes gender fluid, non-binary and agender, or just looking to understand what it all means, take a look at the following sites.

Each contains a lot of useful information around gender identity and gender transitioning that offer support for young people and parents/carers as well as professionals working with young people.

The NHS gives some good and trusted advice about the common health and wellbeing issues that many trans people experience including how to find a Gender Identity Clinic.

The Mix is the online guide to life for 16-25 year-olds in the UK. If you’re feeling confused about your gender, it can be an isolating time. They can help you understand the different issues trans young people face and where you can go to get the support you need.

Brook is the place young people trust for support, advice, education and campaigns about sex, their health and their lives with a specific area on gender.

Mermaids is an online support group for children and young people up to 19 years old suffering with issues with their gender identity, and their families, friends, and wider networks, such as schools, youth groups, or medical professionals.

Gendered Intelligence works predominantly with the transgender community and those who impact on trans lives; they specialise in supporting young trans people aged 11-25.

GIRES works to improve the lives of trans and gender non-conforming people, including those who are non-binary and agender.

YC Hertfordshire currently run five support groups for young people who are transgender, non-binary, gender fluid and/or questioning their gender.

During the COVID-19 pandemic, YC Hertfordshire LGBTQ projects are being delivered virtually via video conferencing. Please visit the Support for young people during the coronavirus outbreak page to find out what online LGBTQ groups are running in your area.

Young Pride in Herts offers support, information and advice to the young LGBTQ community in Hertfordshire.

If you need support, want to get involved in changing services in the county or are a friend/parent or carer who needs advice, please contact us through our contact page.